August 18, 2014
The Board recognizes students and staff each month at the regularly scheduled board meeting. The following were recognized at the July meeting.
Transportation: SFISD Shop Foreman, Terry Dickey, received 1st place at the Texas Association of School Bus Technicians State Competition. He will be advancing to the national competition which will be held in Kansas City, Missouri in November.
Old School Museum: The Galveston Historical Foundation chose SFISD for their adaptive use of the 1928 Santa Fe H.S. Building into the “Old School Museum” as a recipient of a 2014 preservation award in the category of community service. The award will be presented at a reception on August 23rd.
- Monthly Reports
- Wade-Garcia & Associates, Inc., RFID Badge Presentation
- Minutes for July 9, July 21, and July 28, 2014 approved.
- Accounts payable of $ 746,039.66
- Authorized Representative for First Public Investment Pool
- Transfer Students 2014-2015 School Year
- 2014-2015 Dual Credit Partnership MOU with COM
- Adjunct Faculty Agreement & Resolution to Adopt 4-H as Extracurricular Activity
- Revised JJAEP MOU for 2014-2015
- Optional Flexible School Day Program for 2014-2015
- PDAS Calendar for 2014-2015 and List of Appraisers
- 2014-2015 District Calendar Revision
- Apprvoed Bid Proposal on Property in the amount of $9,777.00.
- Approved Bid Proposal on Property in the amount of $15,250.00.
- Approved the Bid Proposal on Property in the amount of $31,115.00
- Approved the Contract with Wade-Garcia & Associates, Inc.