September 22, 2014
The Board recognizes students and staff each month at the regularly scheduled board meeting. The following were recognized at the September meeting.
Old School Museum: The Galveston Historical Foundation chose SFISD for their adaptive use of the 1928 Santa Fe H.S. Building into the “Old School Museum” as a recipient of a 2014 preservation award in the category of community service. The award was unique in that it was made from a replacement shingle after roof repairs to the Bishops Palace following Hurricane Ike. The award was presented at a reception on August 23rd, to Jodi Gidley and Robert Bear.
Employees of the month were: Krystal Ostermayer, RJW - Dee Dee Johnson, Kubacak - Hector Vargas, Jr. High - Charmaine Mantooth, HS - Jamie Creppon and Jenny Franks, Transp. - Sam Herrera, M&O - Angelica Guevara, Custodial - Cindy Sterling, Child Nutrition - Rodney Welsh, Police - Thomas Bennett, Administration
- Monthly Reports
- Santa Fe Fire & Rescue Yearly Update
- Transportation Department Audit
- Quarterly Investment Report
- Encumbrance Carry Foward - 2013-2014
- Galveston County Daily News
- 2014 Performance Summary
- Minutes for August 11, 2014, August 18, 2014 and August 28, 2014 approved.
- Accounts payable of $ 824,264.28
- Budget Amendment #1
- Purchases over $25,000.00
- Travel Reimbursement Rate
- Transfer Students 2014-2015 School Year
- PE Waivers
- Updated MOU for DePelchin Children's Center
- Approved TASB Risk Management Renewal Agreement
- Approved Bid Proposal on Property in the amount of $5,600.00.
- Approved Bid Proposal on Property in the amount of $28,000.00.
- Approved Human Resources Day Proclamation
- Approved Bus Safety Week Resolution
- Approved Red Ribbon Week Proclamation
- Approved Principals Month Proclamation
- Approved National School Lunch Week Proclamation
- Approved National Bullying Prevention Proclamation
- Approved Policy Update 100
- Approved Waiver for Delayed Arrival at the H.S.
- Approved Board Goals for 2014-2015