October 20, 2014
The Board recognizes students and staff each month at the regularly scheduled board meeting. The following were recognized at the October meeting.
Kubacak Elementary - 5th Grade Safety Patrol - These students have been puntual, responsible, and respectful when fulfilling their daily duties; modeling integrity for the students of Kubacak Elementary.
Jesse Zamora, Kensley Clark, Caroline Boysen, Kailey Buck, Chole Auzston, RJ Smith, Nikolas Sotirelis, Delaney Dunham, Lexi Gunter, Alison Walton, Miguel Luevano, Kenzie Smith, Melinda Cabe, Kylee Weaver, Lily Zoe Wheeler.
Junior High Choir students who received a superior rating at contest:
Juan Rodriguez, Meagan McGuire, Verity Latham, Laura Rogers and Skyler Skillman
Santa Fe H.S. Band received 3rd in the Class 5A division on Sept. 27th in the Friendswood Invitation Marching Contest. They also advanced to the finals round of the performance. They received a First Division at the LaMar Invitation Marching Contest on Oct. 4th. The band also won best Drum Major, Best Soloist, Best Drum Line in Class 5A as well as Best Drumline overall in both 5A and 6A classifications. The band received 10th place out of 23 bands in attendance. On Oct. 11th, the "Pride of the Tribe" received 1st place at the College Station Marching Showcase in Division III A. The band also won: Best Color Guard, Best Visual, Best Overall Effect and Best Music. On Oct. 18th, the band competed in their UIL Competition at Pearland High School Stadium. The band received a Division I rating. Congratulation to Head Band Director Matthew Raines and Asst. Band Director Patrick O'Donnell. Color Guard Director is Paige Burnett.
Santa Fe H.S. Choir competed in All-District, which is the first round of All-State Choir competitions. Out of 25 students who competed, 9 advanced to the next level, All-Region competition. They will also sing in the Region 17 Choir Clinic & Concert that will be held here at SFHS on November 15th.
Kelsey Perkins, Soprano 1, Victoria Cole, Alto 1, Michaela Crosby, Alto 1, Haley Tucker, Alto 2, MacKenzie Brown, Tenor 1, Cameron Louvier, Tenor 2, Caleb Franzke, Bass 2, Charles (CJ) Bertolino, Bass 2, Alexder Leon, Bass. Choir Director is Christina Bartimmo's
Santa Fe H.S. Cheerleaders are being recognized for awards they received during their NCA summer camp.
Christa Hedgpeth - Senior, Head Cheerleader, Awarded NCA All-American at camp
Raynee Bynum - Senior, Co-Head, Awarded NCA All-American at camp.
Haley Wooten - Senior, Awarded NCA All-American at camp.
Alexis Turner - Awarded NCA All-American at camp.
Laura Parnell - Awarded NCA All-American at camp.
Cheer Coach is Tamara Henderson
Santa Fe H.S. is also honoring Cayla Hockenbury, who was named Houston Chronicle Athlete of the week in September. Cayla's stats include:
864 Assists, 244 Digs, 89 Kills, 46 Aces and 9.5 Blocks. Congratulations to Cayla and The Lady Indians whose overall record is 23 & 13, and their District record is 10 & 1. The Lady Indians will be presenting the Snowdrop Foundation with a check in memory of Dana Marabella on October 21, 2014.
Congratulations to SFISD Employees of the Month for October:
Kubacak - Julie Welch
Jr. High - Marsha Banda
H.S. - C.J. Cavness
Transp. - Stephen Weatherford
Maintenance - Rick Steele
Custodial - Araceli Aquilera
Child Nutrition - Angelica Lopez
Police - Crystal Teague
Admin. - Randie Martindale
- Monthly Reports
- TASB Presentation
- Food Co-Op Udate
- SFISD Wellness Program Update
- Minutes for September 22, 2014 approved.
- Accounts payable of $361,202.13
- Budget Amendment #2
- Purchases over $25,000.00
- Workers Compensation Inter-local Agreement
- Galveston County Fair & Rodeo "Special Days" Resolution and Adjunct Faculty Member
- Instructional Materials Adoption Committee
- Approved District & Campus Improvement Plans.
- Approved the submission of the Bilingual Education Waiver.
- Approved donations.
- Approved the 2014 Tax Roll and Recognized compliance with the Texas Property Tax Code.
- Approved the Facilities Use Agreement.
- Approved renewal of Skyward Finance and Student Modules.
- Approved a contract with Lemons Auctioneers, LLC.
- Approved a contract with PBK MEP Engineering Services.
- Approved the lease/purchase of 2-in1 laptop computers.
- Approved the purchase of refurbished laptops.
- Approved for TASB HR Services to perform a salary audit.
- Approved adoption of the Galveston County Schools Consortium 2015 Legislative Priorities