August 15, 2016
The Board recognizes students and staff each month at the regularly scheduled board meeting. The following were recognized at the August meeting.
This month, the District recognized the outstanding achievements of three Board members in fulfilling their mission in preparing our students to achieve and succeed. Ms. Hanssard presented the board members with a plaque outlining their years of service in a leadership position. Mrs. Herzog served as Secretary from May 16, 2011 through June 20, 2016. Mr. Norman served as Vice-President from July 21, 2015 through June 20, 2016 and is now serving as Board President. Mr. Burns served as Board President from July 21, 2014 through June 20, 2016. Ms. Hanssard again thanked each one for their outstanding leadership and dedicated service to the students, staff, parents and community of SFISD.
- Monthly Reports
- 3rd Quarter Investment Report
- Early Voting Polling Locations
- Student Attendance Incentive Plan 2016-2017
- Minutes for July 25, 2016
- Accounts Payable $497,019.45
- Budget Amendment #2
- Worker's Compensation with Deep East Texas
- Student Transfers for 2016-2017
- 2016-2017 College Connection MOU with College of the Mainland
- P.E. Waivers
- Approved the motion to recommend candiadate Georgan Reitmeier of Klein ISD for the TASB Board of Directors Region 4, Position A.
- Approved the revisions to EIC(LOCAL) as recommended by the SFHS Campus Improvement Committee and the Local District Policy Committee.
- Approved Policy Update 105 as presented.
- Approved the order authorizing the Issuance, Sale and Delivery of SFISD Unlimited Tax Refunding Bonds, Series 2016.
- Approved the 2016-2017 Property Alliance of Texas (PCAT) general liability insurance proposal.
- Approved the solid waste contract for the 2016-2017 school year with Waste Management.
- Approved the 2016 Appraisal Roll and Recognize Compliance with the Texas Property Code.
- Approved the Inter-local agreement for no cost lease of camer equipment between Texserve and Santa Fe ISD.
- Approved the purchase of 104 laptop carts, complete with HP Stream laptops.
- Approved the list of T-Tess Appraisers and the T-Tess Appraisal Calendar.
- Approved the contract with PBK Architects for Pre-Bond Planning Services.