October 19, 2015
The Board recognizes students and staff each month at the regularly scheduled board meeting. The following were recognized at the October meeting.
Kubacak Elem. – We are recognizing their Tribal Leaders Safety Patrol members who are committed to modeling leadership qualities for others and in keeping
Kubacak students safe. Reanna Montemayor, Briana Flores, Bryleigh Cole, Erin Anderson, Briauna West, Caston Kennedy, Autumn Smith, Kayleigh Cavender, Emma Gutierrez, Laney Bland, Garrett Bland, Sydney Bland, Laurelie Nemeth, Shelby Bray, Joshua Paddie, Christina Griffith, Giovanny Rodriguez, Devon Weaver, Trinity Smith, Alexis Hastings Boatright, Ashlee Black, Makayla Simmons, Nathaniel Olivarez, Sam Wilcox and Madison Elledge
SF Jr. High is honoring their acts of kindness nominees: 6th Grade Emilio Delacerda, 7th Grade Raquel Gonzalez and Penny Pate, 8th Grade Baylie Baccinelli and Emily Graves.
SF High School – Recognizing Keegan Nelms for her most recent State accomplishment: Keegan was name Maxprep and American Volleyball Coaches Association player of the week for the week of September 14, 2015 for her outstanding play and leadership on and off the court.
High School Choir students were recognized for advancing to State competition: Lauren Schanfish, Michaela Crosby, Victoria Cole and Alexder Leon. (Their teacher is Dr. Amy Aucoin).
High School Band “Pride of the Tribe” marched in the UIL Marching Contest on October 17th and received straight Division 1’s. This is the first time the band has swept a division rating in over a decade and the first time the band will perform at Area Contest since 2001. Band Directors are: Matthew Seifer and Asst. Director Patrick O’Donnell. Colorguard is under the direction of Paige Burnett.
Employees of the Month – RJW, Michelle VanEssen; Kubacak, Mayra Zepeda; Jr. High, Gina Covington; H.S., Karlee Cluster; Transp., Kassi McWhirter; Maintenance, Cesario Vasquez; Custodial, Maria Salinas; Nutrition Services, Mary Boles; Admin., Becky Wright
- Monthly Reports
- 14-15 SPA Co-Op Commission Totals Report
- Minutes for September 28 and October 5, 2015
- Accounts payable of $1,696,136.79
- Budget Amendment # 2
- Athletic Trainer Renewal Agreement
- Phonoscope Internet Service Agreement
- Specialized Instructional Contracted Support
- Evaluation Contracted Services
- Rozell Therapy Services Contract
- Approved District & Campus Improvement Plans for 2015-2016.
- Approved the District's submission of a Bilingual Education Waiver request for 2015-2016 school year.
- Approved the requested contracted services with Visually Impaired Cooperative.
- Approved the requested contracted services provided by Galveston-Brazoria Cooperative for the Hearing Impaired (GBCHI).
- Approved the requested contracted services with Avondale.
- Approved TASB Update 103 as presented.
- Approved to proclaim the month of October as “Principal's Month” in Santa Fe ISD.
- Approved to proclaim the week of November 9-13, 2015, as National School Psychology Awareness Week in Santa Fe ISD.
- Approved renewal fees for Skyward Finance and Student modules for 2015-2016.
- Approved the request to waive Penalty & Interest on Parcel #6856-0001-0020-000.
- Approved Paleteria El Pibe and Southern Ice Cream as ice cream providers for the Santa Fe ISD Food Purchasing Co-Op.