April 25, 2016
The Board recognizes students and staff each month at the regularly scheduled board meeting. The following were recognized at the April meeting.
Kuback Elem. recognized their students that be been shining examples of Tribe Characteristics: 3rd Grade – Kyleigh Williams, Marissa Gomez, Kennedi Howard, Kyleigh Payne, Ava Jones, Collin Chastain, Bradley Marshall, Cameron Trevino and Ava Martinez -4th Grade – Isabelle Drager, Estrella Rodriguez, Patrick Hayes, Grand Eckenrode, Myriah Perez, Hunter Russell, Madeline Sotirelis, Madilyn Vaughn -5th Grade – Keelie Maier, Reese Brewer, Carson Dunham,
Bianca Gomez and Jenna Radicioni.
SFJH recognized the following students and staff:
Ashton Wardrup for qualifying to compete at this year’s 2016 Jr. Gold Championship Bowling Tournament July 16- 23rd in Indianapolis, IN. He will compete with other 15 year old’s from around the world for a spot on the Junior USA Bowling Team.
Matthew Johnson was recognized for being accepted into Stanstead College in Quebec. It is a university prep school with an excellent hockey program.
Michael Worsham was recognized for successfully completing the ropes challenge course as a cadet in the Naval Sea Cadet Corps.
Aspen Miller was recognized for her awards in competing in Youth Rodeo events. She placed 4th in barrels at the HLS&R which qualified her to compete in the AQHA World Championship this August in Oklahoma City. She competed against 96 boys and girls and roped 4 calf’s in 14 seconds to become the champion 12 and under Joe Beaver –Jr. Superstar. Her current season winnings are $8,614.00.
Teacher Ms. Yvette Skeen was recognized for being chosen to attend a professional development program at George Washington’s Mount Vernon over Spring Break. The program focused on exploring new ways to tech the Constitution in alignment with the Texas State standards, TEKS.s
SFHS recognized the following:
Girls Soccer All District/All County selections. District Superlatives: Angel Cohen, Summer Buckmiller and Sara Cox –Placing 23-5A First Team All District were: Taylor Tyson, Hunter Cole and Allie Moore –Placing 23-5A Second Team All District were: Jessica Theilemann, Robin Ford and Maddie Rozycki –Placing 23-5A Honorable Mention were: Alyssa Williams, Lauren Williams and Courtney Nix – Placing Academic All District were: Sara Cox, Allie Moore, Jessica Theilemann, Alyssa Williams, Lauren Williams, Lauren Kessler and Abigail Martinez.
Faith Earley was recognized for being the recipient of $2500 premium from HLS&R for her 3D art piece.
UIL Academic winners were: Riley Green 4th in Current Issues; and has advanced to Regional Competition. Anthony Young placed 5th in Number Sense. Konnor Jones placed 6th in Social Studies, Stephanie Rogers placed 5th in Social Studies and Cameron Green placed 6th in Headline Writing, and placed 2nd in Editorial Writing and has advanced to Regional Competition in Editorial Writing.
Softball – Shelbie Sunseri has been nominated for Gatorade Player of the Year (State of Texas).
HR/PR Dept., recognized Ms. Nicole Rowden, Graphic Design intern through College of the Mainland. She has designed banners, recruitment
brochures, Education Foundation event posters, t-shirts and is currentlyworking on a District highlight video.
Nutrition Services recognized their department for being awarded the Gold Ribbon Award on all 4 campuses by the Galveston County Health District.
Employees of the Month for April were: RJW-Ana Balle & Emily Corley; Kubacak-Laura Earley; Jr. High-Robin Holman; H.S.-Judi Wardrup;
Transportation-Kimberly Larsen; Maintenance-Melisa Packard; Custodial-Maria Salinas; Nutrition Services-Maria Trevino; Admin-Debbie Brouillard
- Monthly Reports
- Staff Attendance 3rd Nine Weeks
- Quarterly Investment Report -2nd Quarter
- Custodial Report
- Minutes for March 21, 2016
- Accounts payable of $1,810,962.93
- Budget Amendment #7
- Optional Flexible School Day Application
- Approved a proclamation recognizing May 3, 2016 as Teacher Apprecitiation Day in Santa Fe ISD.
- Approved a proclamation recognizing the week of May 6-12, 2016 as Nurse Appreciation Week in Santa Fe ISD.
- Approved a proclamation recognizing May 11, 2016 as Paraprofessional Day in Santa Fe ISD.
- Approved a proclamation recognizing the week of May 15-21, 2016 as Police Week in Santa Fe ISD.
- Approved the purchase of a 2016 F350 Pickup Truck for the Maintenance/Grounds Department.
- Approved the purchase of new bleachers for FBI Gym.
- Apprvoed the renovation of RJW dining area.
- Approved the annual renewal of the Phonoscope Internet Service.
- Approved the purchase of a Fork Lift.
- Approved the deductive change order to the FieldTurf contract.
- Approved the contract with Start, Garcia & Stanley, LLC to perform the 2015-2016 fiscal year-end audit.
- Approved the purchase of Special Education/504 software.