March 27, 2017
The Board recognizes students and staff each month at the regularly scheduled board meeting. The following were recognized at the March meeting.
Kubacak Elementary recognized their 5th Grade Tribal Leaders Safety Patrol. Garrett Cochran, Delia Joiner-Bonilla, Jackson Dodson, Leonardo Cuello, Gracie Rambin, Andrew Grenier, Mason Myers, Kenneth Lance, Abigail Clingerman, Taylor Pickett, Violet Honeycutt, Kaley Williams, Aiden Doherty, Henry De La Mora, De’ayla Smith, Larry Dale, Nathan McWhirter, Kaitlyn Renz, Dutch Adams, Tarrah Williams, Hannah Harrison, JJ Jackson, Gabriel Borden and Sydnie Garza.
Jr. High recognized their students who participated in the National History Day Regional Competition at Lee College in Baytown on February 4th. Vasiliki Pargourtzis won 1st place for her historical research paper, titled Chiune Sugihara: The Diplomat that saved the Jews of Lithuania; Tyler Dobson won 2nd place for his historical research paper titled Frederick Douglass: An Articulate Stand; Cameron McCollum won 2nd place for his individual documentary, America’s New Deal: The Revival of Us; Sasha Bishop, Shane Bishop and Wyatt Childress won 1st place with their group documentary, titled Code Name Jolanta. These students will be competing at the National History Day State Competition in Austin on April 29.th
Jr. High also recognized 7th grader Luke Garcia. Luke won the Knights of Columbus free throw contest and then advanced to win the shoot off between our Knights of Columbus chapter and the Knights of Columbus League City Chapter. Luke then won 1st place in regionals held in Houston, which advanced him to state competition in San Antonio. Luke finished his journey by winning 1st place in the 2017 Knights of Columbus free throw competition on March 4th in San Antonio.
H.S. recognized their band students who will be advancing to State Solo & Ensemble Competition: Haley Brantner, Meagan Johnson, Peter Luong, Gabriel Degner, Shoei Ruckman, Maleiha Alvarado, Erica Werner, Grace Johnson and John Overbeck.
H.S. also recognized their Regional Powerlifting Qualifiers: Morgan Boody (State Qualifier- Received 8th place at State), Elana Boudreaux, Shelby Freudensprung, Christa Swartz, Tyler Ray and Wyatt Dudley. Their coaches are C.J. Cavness and Jess Golightly.
Transportation Department recognized Lawrence Lusignan as the 2016-2017 PCAT Bus Driver of the Year. Tom Linklater presented the award to Lawrence on behalf of PCAT.
Employees of the Month –for March are: Vanessa Wainwright, RJW; Carolyn Gaspard, Kubacak; Kirk Potter, Jr. High; Kayleen Gates, H.S.; Ernest Western, Transportation; Timothy Finley, Maintenance; Adalgisa Grullon, Custodian; Martha Delfin, Child Nutrition; Kurt Kovacevich, Admin.
- Monthly Reports
- District Calendar 2017-2018
- Nutrition Services Dept. Update
- Minutes for February 16, 2017 and February 20, 2017.
- Accounts Payable $805,788.41
- Budget Amendment #7
- Dual Credit Agreement with COM 2016-2019
- IMA and TEKS Certification for 2017-2018
- Approved donations greater than $5,000.00.
- Approved the purchase of 19.2 acres of real property located on G1/2 and 1764 for future school site and authoized the Superintendent to negotiate and execute final contract.
- Approved the terms of the audit engagement with Start, Garcia & Stanley, LLC., to perform the 2016-2017 fiscal year-end audit.
- Approved the cost to replace the sanitary sewer line behind Cowan.
- Approved Policy Update 107 as presented.
- Approved the proclamation for April 26, 2017 as Administrative Professionals' Day in Santa Fe ISD.
- Approved the proclamation for April 9-15, 2017 as National Library Week in Santa Fe ISD.
- Approved the proclamation for April 24-28, 2017 as National Public School Volunteer Week in Santa Fe ISD.
- Made a motion as required by Texas Administrative Code, Chapter 102, Subchapter JJ, the Board of Trustees approve the President of the Board of Trustees to notify the Texas Commissioner of Education of the Board's intention to vote on the adoption of the proposed District Of Innovation plan at the April 17, 2017 Board meeting.
- Approved the purchase of a LED scoreboard sign to be used at Joe Raitano field.