Continuum of Services
Santa Fe ISD offers a continuim of services based on the individual needs of the student. The following list provides some examples of programing options.
- Itinerant services for students who need assistance in special areas such as vision, hearing, adapted PE, orientation and mobility training or speech.
- General education classroom support (direct and indirect), Co Teaching or Inclusion support
- Resource services for students who need specialized instruction with a lower student to teacher ratio
- Various Self-contained classes on for students who need specialized instruction
- Infant program for students birth through age two with hearing and/or vision impairments who can benefit from special instruction through home and/or center-based services.
- Preschool Programs for Children with Disabilities for students ages three to five who require early intervention.
- Hospital/homebound program for students who are to be out of school for four or more weeks due to an accident, illness or have chronic illness that results in frequent absences.
- Regional Day School Program for the Deaf for students with hearing impairments who need specialized instructional and related services.
- Transition planning to prepare students to exit public school.
- Supported employment and volunteer opportunities for students with significant disabilities who require assistance to achieve their post-secondary goals.
- Related services necessary to enable students to benefit from their special education programs. These include, but are not limited to the following: