November 28, 2016
PUBLIC HEARING - FIRST REPORT
A public hearing was held regarding the District’s Financial Integrity Rating System of Texas (FIRST) report. Mrs. Townsend reviewed the report for the
Board; there were no questions from the audience.
PRESENTATION OF CLOCKS FOR OUTGOING BOARD MEMBERS
Ms. Hanssard presented the outgoing Board members, Billy Burns, Theresa Herzog and Bridget Tacquard with clocks as a small token of appreciation for their years of service to the district.
OATH OF OFFICE - POS. 1,2,3 AND 7 - Term of Newly Elected Trustees
Julie Pittman notary for the District, swore in John H. Snider- Pos. 1, Patrick Kelly- Pos. 2, Eric E. Davenport- Pos. 3 and Wayne Logan- Pos. 7. They will serve a 4-year term ending in November 2020. They each took their seats at the Board table
The Board recognizes students, staff and community members each month at the regularly scheduled board meeting. The following were recognized at the November meeting.
Valero Energy Foundation - Ms. Hanssard thanked them for their donation of $17,000.00 to the Santa Fe Texas Education Foundation (SFTXEF) to fund the SFISD Stem Academy for our teachers to attend professional development workshops as well as purchase new innovative educational materials for their classrooms. She also thanked trustee Billy Burns for advocating for the District. Mr. Burns on behalf of Valero, presented the check to Mrs. Wagner, President of the SFTXEF..
Santa Fe High School - recognized several students at the November meeting:
Peter Luong who was named a commended student in the 2017 National Merit Scholarship Program. Student Tiffany Wick who recently passed her State of Texas Certified Nurse Assistant Exam (CNA). Her teacher is Lacey Glover. On November 9th, SFHS had Softball Signing Day. The following student athletes signed to play Division 1 Softball: Emily Evans – Stephen F. Austin State University; Stephanie Reed – Utah State University; Shelbi Sunseri – Louisiana State University and Kayla Tisdale – Nicholls State University.
Employees of the Month – Belinda Slawson (RJW); Julie Arnold (Kubacak); Chance Cyprien (Jr. High); Amy Hoff (H.S.); John Floyd (Transportation); James Jones (Maintenance); Zoila Carbajal (Custodial); Martha Delfin (Child Nutrition); Marianne Junco (Admin.)
- Monthly Reports
- Energy Management Update
- Food Purchasing Co-Op Update
- Minutes for October 17, 2016 and November 1, 2016
- Accounts Payable $1,035,107.30
- Collegiate High School Tuition for 2016-2017
- Approved CE (LOCAL) policy update.
- Approved the contract for collection of delinquent taxes by Perdue,Brandon,Fielder,Collins & Mott, LLP, at no cost to the District..
- Approved the resolution for early turnover of personal property to our Delinquent Tax Attorney's office, at no cost to the District.
- Approved the acceptance of the donation that is greater than $5,000 received for the month of October.
- Approved the renewal of the Microsoft Volume License Agreement for the third year of a 3 year contract.